A story been written during my sleepless nights, fairly accompanied by my SSRI drugs, a cup of frappucino and a chunk of optimism. Presenting you, my deadly trial on becoming the most random, engineering-major, truly amateur fictional writer, 'Dead Cat For Zoey'. Well, if Sophie Kinsella, Emily Cassel or Stephanie Meyer happen to read my book, please, don't flush mine into your bowl. That's too rude! Haha.
blacky dead cat

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Internet Marketing and Old Town Prawn Mee and Ipoh White Coffee

Hi kitty kats and all my furry friends,

It's been a hectic week, at least, I could use some help if people want to help me blogging this post. Haha. But who else know better about my life and my venture now than myself? Right?

So, tonight, I mean last couple of hours ago (When it is still Wednesday, and now it's 1.22 a.m. Thursday-local time), I attended this free marketing seminar...erm, not really like a seminar, it's more like a one-to-one coaching class actually. This guy named Vincent Cheng, an online marketing guru, specialized in Facebook marketing, invited my uncle to his seminar. So, I just tagged myself along too, 'cause it's better to have one night off my laptop and facebook, from stalking on girls..haha..(I don't really do that...haha.) It was pretty good class, you know, at least, I can use some tips to help marketing my 'Dead Cat for Zoey' fan page.

We hit Old Town White Coffee house then, at Jaya One in PJ. I love that place so much! It's like, that Jaya One is totally making me feeling out-of-Malaysia, because of the atmosphere and the nightlife it presents.


About the book

God, I'm sorry. I am expecting 'some' delays for my book to be published. Sighing, wrinkling, frowning. I know, you are doing any of those right now. I am dealing with two publishing houses right now, one is Silverfish and another one is ZI Publications.

Silverfish is still reviewing my sample writing, as they said, it would take weeks to only reviewing the sample. I wonder how long it will take to editing, designing and printing, if the book, my book, happens to seal the deal.

ZI Publications...too, still reviewing my manuscript. But at least, I'd sent the whole chapters to them, and they should get back to me sooner or later. Hopefully! Amen!

So, if you just curious about what did I write in my email, consider yourself reading those excerpts I copied and pasted from my email.

---------------------------------------------

Dear ZI Publications,

Hi, this is me again, Azrin. I have contacted ZI through Mr. Ezra on last week about my book. Thus, today, I would like to submit my manuscript for your review and to be considered for publication.

For me, this book, though it's fictional, it is actually, something really personal. The title of the book is 'DEAD CAT FOR ZOEY'. Yeah, sounds scary, but I think, it will grab people attention once they read the tittle.

Despite being a comedy romantic book, it addresses the issue of abortion , as you all know, young couples nowadays, festively dump their premature-born babies into the dumpsters, drains and stuff. Thus, for that reason, I thought to myself to address the issue, in the most creative, compelling way for young people, esp. teenagers in Malaysia , to really capture the meaning behind this writing. And it also addresses some other issues, like parenting, parents split-up and more. There would be 20 chapters altogether, and total words are about 68,000, more less.

The first chapter of this book might be a little bit boring and lengthy, but I think it is important to introduce the background of the couple (Mr. and Mrs. Darren) and their hectic lifestyles, till they pretty abandoned their only daughter, named Zoey.

My 'furry' hope is to get this book published and distributed, because I want to teach young Malaysians about this issue. I have started my own pre-promotion of this book through Facebook and my blog, and so far, nearly 500 people have shown great interest in this writing. I know it is pretty hard to market English fiction in Malaysia, but if given certain circumstance, we can make it work, by implementing new formulas on printing numbers, price points and so on, and if we manage to pull of this thing successfully, it means a lot for more young writers out there to start writing, at the same time, it boosts our book industry too.

Thanks.

Will look forward,
Azrin Zahari


---------------------------------------------

So, that's about it. By the way, I am attending this Youth'10 festival thing in PWTC this Friday till Sunday, and it's pretty 'gay' to say that I am volunteering..Gosh! Yeah, I know. But I think it's a good way to start mixing, mingling and 'flirting' with some new boys and girls, at the same time, applying some 'marketing techniques' I'd just learnt today, and trying to sell my BOOK! Haha, even though it has been published. This is what people call as 'SOCIAL NETWORKING'...Yeah, that's why people create Facebook. It's a powerful marketing tool actually, not a platform for stalking cute girls only. So, better make full use of it!

Bye. Salam. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment