A story been written during my sleepless nights, fairly accompanied by my SSRI drugs, a cup of frappucino and a chunk of optimism. Presenting you, my deadly trial on becoming the most random, engineering-major, truly amateur fictional writer, 'Dead Cat For Zoey'. Well, if Sophie Kinsella, Emily Cassel or Stephanie Meyer happen to read my book, please, don't flush mine into your bowl. That's too rude! Haha.
blacky dead cat

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Novel: What is it all about?

"You should no upfront that this is not a love story. It's a story of a broken love will eventually mend. - me "

I started this book on late January, when I was in my sister house in Taiping, after my parents separation. I know, it was tough, I had all the problems occured, all at once, all at the same time. But, we'll talk about it later.

Anyway, the book was originally entitled 'Strawberry Girl: The search for my inner Zoey (inner strength and inspiration), but as I wrote it more and more, I realized that it wasn't about her, about Zoey, but more about me, my head and my dreams.

Thus, I changed the title, and eventually, the name 'Dead Cat for Zoey' popped out, out of nowhere, but if you read it later, if published, it was named after one incident.

So, that's about it. If you need to get a rough, big picture about this book, refer to the synopsis page. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment